LE-300BXLS-SE

About the Emission Labs tubes and how to use them.

Re: LE-300BXLS-SE

Postby cpdoc » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:24 pm

Hi Gabor,
If you are looking for a great variety of electronic parts of higher quality try this: www.hificollective.co.uk.
Great seller with a termendous range of resistors, caps, and others.
Best,
Wolfgang
cpdoc

Postby hlcs25 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:16 am

Hi J.L.

Thanks for the links. They are very useful.

What is the situation if I use 5VDC heating voltage for EML 300B-XLS-V4 instead of 5VAC. Are the POTI1 and R14 necessary in this case or they can be omitted?

I made a schematic for power supply unit by Protel 2.0 software. Can you read it this type of file? If yes, how can I send you? I cannot attache any file from my computer to this post as I was told.

Kind regards, Gabor
hlcs25

Postby J. Leven » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi Gabor,
in which way do you wish to generate the 5VDC,
you can post jpg file,then you can load under Upload attachment

best regards
J.L.
J. Leven

Postby hlcs25 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi J.L.,

If I have had seen thoroughly I would have discovered there is a possibility of uploading. So now I attache the schematic of PS. It would be great to have your comments.

The link www.hificollective.co.uk is really good but there is no 2 W metalfilm resistors suggested by you at the orderable range only tantalum which are very expensive.

Kind regards, Gabor
Attachments
img101.jpg
img101.jpg (245.37 KiB) Viewed 8329 times
hlcs25

Postby J. Leven » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:48 am

Hallo Gabor,
du hast dir viel Mühe gegeben und einen sauberen Schaltplan gezeichnet ;) .
Dieser weist aber erheblich von der Vorlage ab,ob das alles richtig dimensioniert ist, fehlerfrei funktioniert und auch gut klingt ist dein Risiko :!: ,
ich nenne mal einige Punkte :
-Verbindung Schutzleiter mit Masse
-GZ34S , Achtung,die Heizung ist mit der Kathode verbunden, laut Datenblatt JJ,
warum eine zusätzliche Gleichrichterröhre ?,
-C8,9,10,11 auf 470uF/450V erhöhen
-R5,R6 36k?, 9,6K ?

Heizspannung 300B-XLS :
Gleichtaktdrossel 12mH-4A mit Ringkern, würde ich nicht einbauen, weil das Magnetmaterial dieser Kerne verzerrt, ist auch nicht für HiFie Signale gemacht,
alle Störungen in der Heizleitung landen im Signal,
Mittelpunkt Zweiweg Gleichrichterschaltung mit MBR3045, C-R-C Siebung ist besser,
C30,31,36,37, dürfen nicht mit GND verbunden sein,Schaltplan beachten !!

Die Timerschaltung mit dem NE555 ist nicht unbedingt nötig, weil die EML 300B xls erfreulicherweise ein Softstartverhalten aufweist,
bei richtiger Schaltungsgestaltung der Heizspannung

Was ist das für ein Transformator, Spezialanfertigung ?
Bei den Widerständen kannst du auch Metalloxid nehmen, zB.
http://www.reichelt.de/2W-Metall-1-0-k- ... OUPID=3084

Viele Grüße
J.L.
J. Leven

Postby hlcs25 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi J.L.,

Thanks for your kind response. Sorry my English is better than my German but I understand your comments.
I have collected schematics and articles for a half year and then analyzed and the result would be the schematic I attached.
-Verbindung Schutzleiter mit Masse -> I saw it (or diodes) on some schematics and applied at my amps made earlier because of ground loop. It worked.
-GZ34S -> I found applying it as a good idea. I will try to find the schematic and the article about it and let you know.
-C8,9,10,11 auf 470uF/450V erhöhen -> einverstanden
-R5,R6 36k?, 9,6K ? -> In case of divided PS (left and right channel) the currents will be half of the not divided one. So 2 x 18K = 36K and 2 x 4,7K = 9,6K.

- Heizspannung 300B-XLS -> I also found many schematics using this type of heater PS I mean toroidal common mode chokes and e-cores.
- Mittelpunkt Zweiweg Gleichrichterschaltung mit MBR3045, C-R-C Siebung ist besser -> I have some KBPC2504 that's why I planed to use them and the transformer is simpler, no mid tap is required.
But yes, it could be better to use a middle tapped coil with C-R-C filter. I have made this kind of Heater PS for preamp.
- C30,31,36,37, dürfen nicht mit GND verbunden sein -> einverstanden.

I have NE555 timer PCB which I made earlier so it can be used now. I saw in some application and I found it good idea.

I haven't got information about application of metal film and metal oxide resistors in audio that's why ask your help.

As to me I have an own firm named Eximtrade GmbH. If you visit our homepage http://www.eximtrade.hu you will see that we are active in the transformer industry. So it won't cause problem to have any kind of special transformers for me (toroidal or linear).

mfg Gabor
hlcs25

Postby J. Leven » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Hall Gabor,
-Verbindung Schutzleiter mit Masse -> I saw it (or diodes) on some schematics and applied at my amps made earlier because of ground loop. It worked.
Ja,laufen wird es, ich kenne diese Schaltpläne, aber ob das den VDE Vorschriften entspricht bezweifele ich
-GZ34S -> I found applying it as a good idea. I will try to find the schematic and the article about it and let you know.
Du kannst den Transformator auch so bauen lassen wie im Schaltplan, so dass Röhrengleichrichtung oder Diodengleichrichtung möglich ist, beides zusammen macht weniger Sinn,
beide Gleichrichterarten haben Vor und Nachteile, für Röhrengleichrichtung brauchst du aber eine höhere Wechselspannung, je nach Gleichrichterröhre und Ladekondensator .
-C8,9,10,11 auf 470uF/450V erhöhen -> einverstanden
-R5,R6 36k?, 9,6K ? -> In case of divided PS (left and right channel) the currents will be half of the not divided one. So 2 x 18K = 36K and 2 x 4,7K = 9,6K.
Im Schaltplan gelten die Werte für eine 6SN7, das ist ein Mono Netzteil, so wie gezeichnet müssten du die Werte aus dem Schaltplan LE-300BXLS-SE übernehmen .

- Heizspannung 300B-XLS -> I also found many schematics using this type of heater PS I mean toroidal common mode chokes and e-cores.

wenn du unbedingt eine Gleichtaktdrosselschaltung einsetzen willst, dann solltest du Drosseln mit hochwertigen Kernmaterial nehmen,
für diesen Preis ist das nicht machbar .
- Mittelpunkt Zweiweg Gleichrichterschaltung mit MBR3045, C-R-C Siebung ist besser -> I have some KBPC2504 that's why I planed to use them and the transformer is simpler, no mid tap is required.
Einen Standard Brückengleichrichter kannst du auch einsetzen,ist aber nicht die sauberste Lösung,diese Standartgleichrichter neigen zur Erzeugung von Spikes,
Ich empfehle dir eine C-R-C Siebkette, am besten mit Schottky Dioden und guten Kondensatoren,10.000uF-R-15.000uf, Transformatorspannug 6V/4A
But yes, it could be better to use a middle tapped coil with C-R-C filter. I have made this kind of Heater PS for preamp.
Die MBR3045 hat noch den Vorteil, dass bei Erwärmung des Gleichrichter die Spannung relativ konstant bleibt .
- C30,31,36,37, dürfen nicht mit GND verbunden sein -> einverstanden.

I have NE555 timer PCB which I made earlier so it can be used now. I saw in some application and I found it good idea.
Wie gesagt die EML hat schon ein leichtes Softstartverhalten beim Aufheitzen,funktioniert mit der obigen C-R-C Kette bestens, die normale 300B hat das nicht

I haven't got information about application of metal film and metal oxide resistors in audio that's why ask your help.
Die Hersteller von HigEnd Geräten verbauen viel Metallschicht-Metalloxid und Vishay Dale Typen .

As to me I have an own firm named Eximtrade GmbH. If you visit our homepage http://www.eximtrade.hu you will see that we are active in the transformer industry. So it won't cause problem to have any kind of special transformers for me (toroidal or linear).

mfg Gabor
mfG J.L.
J. Leven

Postby hlcs25 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:41 pm

Hallo J.L.,

I have had to realize that the PS is for mono amp. In this case 18K and 4,7K are the proper ones of course. I will have main transformer with many output voltages so I can try to use GZ34S or not and after a hearing test I can decide what to have finally. Rectifier diode will be MBR1045 Schottky one. If CRC filter will be better I will omit the common filter chokes.

I am grateful for your kind help and instuctions. The only thing remains to collect the components and to build the amp. I will let you know the result.

mfg, Gabor
hlcs25

Postby hlcs25 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:05 pm

Hi J.L.

Slow work needs lots of time but finally the SE has been built. It sounds beautiful I enjoy it very much. I attache some pictures and the final schematics of power supply. The is a delay in switching the the input and it works perfectly.

If I short circuited the inputs there is no hum and noise at all. At open input there is hum. The situation is the same If I eliminate the schilded wire from RCA input to R1 (4,7K). R1 and R2 are directly connected to the 6SN7 GT's socket pin 1. Have you got any idea how to reduce or eliminate this hum?

Your precious response would be very useful for me.
Attachments
Pict008.jpg
Finished amp from side
Pict008.jpg (178.68 KiB) Viewed 5066 times
Pict001.jpg
Finished amp from front
Pict001.jpg (146.68 KiB) Viewed 5066 times
img019.jpg
Modified schematics
img019.jpg (236.67 KiB) Viewed 5066 times
hlcs25

Postby J. Leven » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:50 am

Hallo Gabor,
1) hast du alles nach dem Sternmasse Prinzip verkabelt oder die Masse an einzelnen Gehäusepunkten abgenommen ?
2) ist die Cinch Buchse isoliert eingebaut
3) das abgeschirmten Kabel für die GK habe ich nur an einer Seite des Schirms an masse angeschlossen,
den Eingang wie unten dargestellt verkabelt
Grüße aus Germany
Attachments
300B-Eingang.JPG
300B-Eingang.JPG (19.24 KiB) Viewed 5059 times
J. Leven

PreviousNext

Return to EML FORUM